Can I get help with my child care costs?
I have a two year old, is there any support I can get”
Your 2-year-old can get early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit – if you and your partner have a combined income from work of £15,400 or less a year, after tax
- tax credits and you have an income of £16,190 or less a year, before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
“My child is three what am I entitled to?”
- 15 hours of childcare is available for ALL families in England. Eligibility will start the term after the child’s third birthday. Terms start on January 1st, April 1st and September 1st.
“How do I now if my three year old is eligible for 30 hours childcare”
- You, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £125 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage).
- If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you’re unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
- You can’t get 30 hours free childcare if either you, or your partner, each individually expect to earn £100,000 or more.
“How do I apply for 30hrs childcare”
If you are eligible please provide us with your code asap!
Forest School Sessions in Bradley Stoke
Abacus pre-school are proud to be developing Forest School sessions for the children who attend any of the Abacus settings, currently located in Bradley Stoke and Mangotsfield.